Archive for July, 2011

Starting a Money Exchange business in Hong Kong

Wednesday, July 13th, 2011

Any company that plans to conduct money exchange business in Hong Kong must register with the Joint Financial Intelligence Unit (JFIU):

We have also heard that as of today HSBC no longer opens bank accounts for companies that conduct money exchange. Both the Standard Chartered Bank and the Bank of China will open the bank accounts on a case by case basis.